Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Skirt-testing!

Today was an early day. It was the only day left before the weekend that I could go for a run before work..

So the alarm went off at 4:55am and off I went. In a few minutes, I got ready to go for my usual morning run of 4.5 miles...

Today there would be one difference: The first day to test my Atalanta Sportswear Commitment skirt (www.skirtgoddess.com)..

(for a reminder of the cause, check out my first blog entry)

The run was really awesome. It was the first run in a few weeks that my legs haven't felt like they weighed 1 ton each and I had a pretty decent pace of 9:15/mile... Better than the 11:45/mile from a few days ago..

I have to say that I really loved the commitment skirt! It was really comfortable... I didn't have any chafing or problems with the fabric. It's got a couple of hip pockets which carried my ipod easily without any bounce and i hardly knew it was there..

So I think that this skirt will do great on the marathon.. For now, I know it can handle shorter runs but I'm planning to take it on a longer run down the road..

I came home energized, hopped in the shower and ran off to work. The day was really great.. A little bit on the long side (from 6:15am to about 7pm)... The saddest part is that my wife and son were both asleep by the time I got home so another day went by that I missed my son..But I'll be home early tomorrow and we have the weekend off for a nice long run!

No comments: