Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Call for support!

Once again, I'm going after another marathon. This year, I will be running my third marathon in New York City (26.2 miles) on sunday, November 2.  I've been training with the greatest coach of all, my 13 month-old son, who whips me in shape from his chariot stroller!

This year, I will be running to support REMEDY, a charitable group which collects millions of dollars of medical supplies for distribution in the developing world.  REMEDY is active in over 600 hospitals nation wide! (you can find out more at http://remedyinc.org)

I have set some race goals for myself based on previous marathon times (Mystic, CT 2005: 4:55:13 and Philadelphia, PA 2007 4:41:38), andI hope you will encourage me by tying your support to my goals:

examples:
I pledge $___ per mile only if you finish the race.

I'll double my pledge if you best last year's time of 4 hours and 41 minutes

I'll triple my pledge if you complete the race under 4 hours and 20 minutes (10 minute miles)

Please support my run with any amount you would like by writing to:
remedy3@yale.edu 

or:

Make a check payable to Remedy and send it to:

ATTN: Remedy
Yale University School of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
PO BOX 208051
333 Cedar Street
New Haven, CT. 06520 - 8051

Thank you!

No comments: