Saturday, July 26, 2008

Baptism run!

Greetings again!

So today is a big day.  It is my son's baptism, so all the grandparents are in town, my wife and I are both off (happens about 1 - 2 days/month) and my best friend, Michele, my son's godmother-to-be, flew in across the country to be here for less than 24 hours so she could be at the ceremony..

It is my only day off in 3 weeks and I have to do a long run today (not that long.. 10 miles; 2.5 mile warm up, 5 mile at higher pace and a 2.5 mile cooldown).

I woke up at 5am and went out for a great run with Michele, who had just flown in last night from California and was a complete rockstar!

It was really a great morning.. Nice and chill temperature (mid-60's) and all the bunnies were out and about foraging!  I've always looked up to Michele as she's the reason I am even running marathons today (she's done 8 marathons so far).  She totally kicked butt, too..  

I love the feeling of coming home and seeing the clock: 7:30am and I've just run 10 miles... What a great way to start the day!

Great day!

Cheers!

No comments: