Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Post-call long run!

So I worked on saturday overnight and had a pretty rough day.. I was only able to sleep about 2 hours when you added all the naps together in a 24 hour period..

Nevertheless, I was determined to complete my long run as I didn't have any days off this week to do it! So Ashley came over and we did a 14 mile run starting around 8:30am.. It was a beautiful sunday morning with few clouds in the sky and a nice warm temperature of 60-70 F.

It was really fun to go with a new running partner (especially as she's much more experienced that I).. I got lots of great advice about marathoning, and look forward to going to the start line of the NYC marathon with her.

The run was really a great run after all. We kept up a steady pace, about 150-159 on the heart rate and finished in 2:09. Not bad!

Well.. til the next time!

No comments: